This is a powerful programme for any man with an interest in rites of passage, transition and the stages of life, whether in relation to himself, his family or his community. If you choose, this is also the way to become more involved with the facilitation of Tracks’ programmes and to begin to learn how to formulate rites of passage effectively for modern boys and young men. You can make a difference just as you are: your doubts, anxieties and concerns are all the stuff of living, modern manhood.
This training gives participants the opportunity to:
- Learn about and experience the components of a Rite of Passage -
- Become familiar with the framework of Tracks programs -
- Gain communication and group work skills -
- Understand the developmental tasks of adolescence -
- Look at how to support young people today -
In order to take part in a GMMT it is important you are:
- Willing to engage in your own personal development work -
- Able to function in a team environment -
- Willing to under-go a police check (should you choose to attend a full rite at a later date) -
If looking to crew in the future it is advantageous if you have any of the following:
Qualifications or experience in youth work, men’s work, teaching, creative or performing arts, outdoor ed, physical activities, bush craft, camping, group facilitation, first aid.
The men supporting Tracks range in age from 18 to 60+ and come with a wide range of stories, skills and life experience. Whether or not you plan to be involved with Tides in the long-term, we are interested in what you bring.
This includes catering, materials and accommodation. We accept payment plans or instalments. *Please note that as events fill up we are unable to take your registration and secure your place without payment of fees.